Brent Ozar inspired me to write about my life goals with his My Life Quest series. This page is where I keep track of my life quest progress – it’s a work in progress and subject to change based on future circumstances.
- Lose 30 pounds
- Run a 1/2 marathon
- Finish Grad School
- Break 100 playing Golf
- Go fishing in Alaska
- Play each of the Top 5 Public Golf Courses in America
- Play Golf in Scotland
- Visit Paris and climb the Eiffel Tower
- Visit Italy and see the Coliseum, Vatican, St. Peter’s Basilica, Canals of Venice, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- See the Pyramids in Egypt
- Visit the Great Wall of China
I’ve been a fan of Dave Ramsey for many years. Lisa and I went through his Financial Peace University nearly in 2006. Dave’s 7 Baby Steps are financial principles that have helped me over the years. I’m currently working on Step 6.
Save $1,000 for your started emergency fund. Pay off all debt (except the house) using the debt snowball. Save 3-6 months of expenses in a fully funded emergency fund. Invest 15% of your household income in retirement. Save for your children’s college fund.
- Pay off your home early.
- Build wealth and give.